2021 Jeep Wrangler Towing Capacity
How much can a Jeep Wrangler tow? The 2021 Jeep Wrangler towing capacity reaches up to 3,500 pounds depending on the configuration you choose. In the end, no matter which build you choose, you can tow with strength and confidence thanks to the Jeep 4×4 technology and a range of other standard and available towing features. Learn more about these features and the Jeep Wrangler towing capacity with us at Northwest Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram near Humble today!
How Much Can the Jeep Wrangler Tow?
As mentioned above, the 2021 Jeep Wrangler towing capacity reaches up to 3,500 pounds. However, in order to reach this limit, you’ll want to know what each trim level can offer your Sugar Land needs. Here’s what you should keep in mind:
- All 2-door Jeep Wrangler models can tow up to 2,000 pounds, while all 4-door models can tow up to 3,500.
- While most trim levels are available in either 2-door or 4-door configurations, the Sport Altitude, Sahara, and Sahara Altitude trims are only available as 4-door SUVs. That means these trims can always tow up to 3,500 pounds of heavy cargo.
- Most of the 2020 Jeep Wrangler configurations return for the new year, and the lineup gains some eye-catching new color choices for 2021.
Which Jeep Wrangler 4×4 system is best-suited for towing?
- Selec-Trac® 4×4 uses two-wheel drive when you’re moving over a clear road, but switches to 4×4 whenever you encounter snow, rain, ice, or mud in Cypress.
- Rock-Trac® 4×4 uses a 4:1 low gear ratio, Tru-Lok® electronic-locking differentials, and electronic front sway bar disconnect to deliver excellent off-road performance.
- Command-Trac® 4×4 is the preferred option for towing because it allows you to select a neutral option for towing on flat surfaces. Of course, it also features a 2.72:1 low gear ratio for adventures that take you over rough terrain.
Jeep Wrangler Towing Features
Aside from the powerful 4×4 systems, there are a few other features that set the 2021 Jeep Wranlger apart from the rest. To start, each model receives front and rear heavy duty tow hooks. If you’re looking to maximize your vehicle’s towing capabilities, you’ll want to opt for the Trailer Tow and Heavy-Duty Electrical Group. The latter includes:
- Winch and Control Light Bars
- Programmable Aux Switches
- 700-Amp Maintenance Free Battery
- 240-Amp Alternator
- Seven and Four-Pin Wiring Harness
- Class II Tow Receiver Hitch
For added security, you might also consider upgrading with Jeep Wrangler LED headlights, or some other genuine MOPAR® accessories.
Get Hands-On Experience with Your Own Jeep Wrangler!
So how much can the 2021 Jeep Wrangler tow? Plenty. Learn more about each Wrangler trim level then apply for financing online to get the process started on your favorite one to show off around Sugar Land. Contact us today with any questions. “Looking to learn more about the other specifications of the Jeep Wrangler? We can help you go over how much the Jeep Wrangler weighs and its other dimensions today at our dealership! Looking for something more agile? Take a look at the 2021 Dodge Charger trim levels!
More from Northwest Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
A muscle car is built to thrill, and a good one does so through immense amounts of speed, power, and attitude. And few vehicles can actually match that like the Dodge Charger. One component of developing the attitude of a muscle car is its paintwork. Thankfully, the 2022 Dodge Charger colors offer striking options….
What is the RAM 1500 weight? Humble drivers have been asking similar questions about that since they started driving the RAM 1500. The 2022 RAM 1500 weight ranges from 4,775 pounds to 6,439 pounds unloaded. The design enables high towing capacity and max payload capacity. The Gross Vehicle Weight can reach up to 7,100…
The 2022 Jeep Gladiator has a reputation already as an impressive open air truck that comes complete with high-end performance and interior features. But where you might be surprised to learn about is that Humble drivers want to know more about the Jeep Gladiator color options available at Northwest Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram. For the 2022 model year, there…