How Much Can a Ram 1500 Tow?
When fully equipped, the 2019 RAM 1500 has a maximum towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, earning this powerhouse truck Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. For the 2019 model year, the all-new RAM 1500 is reimagined with greater capabilities and improved fuel economy on Houston and Humble roads. Join Northwest Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram as we explore the RAM 1500 towing specs and more below.
RAM 1500 Engines & Capacities
You’ll have a choice of three engines with the RAM 1500, and each one has something different to offer in terms of performance capabilities. The standard transmission across all engines is a Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic. Here are the spec highlights for each engine:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque: This base level engine delivers 205 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque, and it’s capable of towing up to 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine: The V8 engine delivers as much as 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque, and you’ll be able to tow up to 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque: When you add eTorque to the 5.7L HEMI®, you’ll get the same horsepower and max torque as above, but your max towing capacity is increased to 12,750 pounds.
Depending on the configuration you choose, your payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds. Need to know how to reset the engine light on your RAM 1500? Consult our step-by-step guide.
Helpful Towing Features
You won’t have to rely on engine power alone when you’re towing through Sugar Land. The light-duty RAM 1500 also offers advanced features that allow you to tow a camper or trailer with ease. Here are some towing feature highlights:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: With help from the eTorque mild hybrid system, this transmission allows the 1500 to earn an EPA-estimated 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: 14.9-inch brakes grant you peace of mind at Cypress intersections.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: When you have this optional system monitoring your blind spots while accounting for trailer length, changing lanes with a trailer in tow is simple.
Experience the 2019 RAM 1500 at Northwest Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Today!
When you’re ready to further explore the RAM 1500, visit us in Houston for a test drive! We’ll walk you through the interior technology features, accessories like seat covers, and you’ll be able to feel the engine power for yourself. Contact us if you have any questions in the meantime, and don’t forget to check out our new vehicle specials. Or, learn more about the 2020 Jeep Gladiator pickup towing capability and engine specs. We even have a RAM 2500 vs. Silverado 2500 comparison to ensure you’re taking home the perfect truck for you. From trucks to the best Houston BBQ, we’re always ready to help our customers!
Be sure to stay up-to-date on the latest models, including the 2020 RAM 1500 Night Edition! We’ll even help you compare the Jeep Cherokee vs. Jeep Grand Cherokee if you’d like to take your search in a different direction.
Latest on RAM Models
When Humble drivers need the job done right, they know to turn to a new RAM vehicle. RAM trucks, specifically the RAM 1500, have been trusted by hard workers everywhere for a long time. It not only provides plenty of performance and capability but also a cabin packed full of features and technology. Fortunately,…
The 2022 RAM 3500 is one of the most powerful vehicles on the Humble roads. It has all the latest performance features that allow it to tow almost anything around Houston. However, you might be asking, “how much can a RAM 3500 tow?”. Learn more about the RAM 3500 towing capacity and more with…
The 2021 RAM 1500 earns up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway, when equipped with its 3.6L V6 Pentastar engine, eTorque capability, and rear-wheel drive. Impressive fuel economy is a staple for the entire lineup, even for models with 4×4. Read on to explore the new RAM 1500 gas mileage ratings, and see which…