How Much Can a Ram 1500 Tow?
When fully equipped, the 2019 RAM 1500 has a maximum towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, earning this powerhouse truck Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. For the 2019 model year, the all-new RAM 1500 is reimagined with greater capabilities and improved fuel economy on Houston and Humble roads. Join Northwest Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram as we explore the RAM 1500 towing specs and more below.
RAM 1500 Engines & Capacities
You’ll have a choice of three engines with the RAM 1500, and each one has something different to offer in terms of performance capabilities. The standard transmission across all engines is a Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic. Here are the spec highlights for each engine:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque: This base level engine delivers 205 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque, and it’s capable of towing up to 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine: The V8 engine delivers as much as 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque, and you’ll be able to tow up to 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque: When you add eTorque to the 5.7L HEMI®, you’ll get the same horsepower and max torque as above, but your max towing capacity is increased to 12,750 pounds.
Depending on the configuration you choose, your payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds. Need to know how to reset the engine light on your RAM 1500? Consult our step-by-step guide.
Helpful Towing Features
You won’t have to rely on engine power alone when you’re towing through Sugar Land. The light-duty RAM 1500 also offers advanced features that allow you to tow a camper or trailer with ease. Here are some towing feature highlights:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: With help from the eTorque mild hybrid system, this transmission allows the 1500 to earn an EPA-estimated 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: 14.9-inch brakes grant you peace of mind at Cypress intersections.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: When you have this optional system monitoring your blind spots while accounting for trailer length, changing lanes with a trailer in tow is simple.
Experience the 2019 RAM 1500 at Northwest Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Today!
When you’re ready to further explore the RAM 1500, visit us in Houston for a test drive! We’ll walk you through the interior technology features, accessories like seat covers, and you’ll be able to feel the engine power for yourself. Contact us if you have any questions in the meantime, and don’t forget to check out our new vehicle specials. Or, learn more about the 2020 Jeep Gladiator pickup towing capability and engine specs. We even have a RAM 2500 vs. Silverado 2500 comparison to ensure you’re taking home the perfect truck for you. From trucks to the best Houston BBQ, we’re always ready to help our customers!
Be sure to stay up-to-date on the latest models, including the 2020 RAM 1500 Night Edition! We’ll even help you compare the Jeep Cherokee vs. Jeep Grand Cherokee if you’d like to take your search in a different direction.
Latest on RAM Models
When it comes to packing enough power and efficiency to take on tough jobs in the Humble and Sugar Land area, the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel is a great option to keep you moving. The RAM EcoDiesel offers a range of performance features so you can tackle whatever comes your way, whether you need more towing strength…
If you’re looking for a truck that has it all from performance, technology, safety, and style, you’re sure to find what you’re looking for in the 2020 RAM 1500 trim levels. With six different options to choose from, there’s sure to be a 1500 truck that will not only give you the extra towing strength…
How much can a RAM 1500 tow? Since the 2020 RAM 1500 has a wide range of towing capacities, you’ll be able to tow whatever you need with one of the four different engine options. Regardless of the trim level you choose, you’ll be impressed by the fuel-saving technology in any of the engines. Learn…